Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FIRST!

Hello Everyone! 
Let me start off by saying that my intentions are not to bash on any of the dating websites. They have good intentions, they come up with great results, sometimes, and clearly their success of picking into our pockets won’t slow down anytime soon either. 
Now onto business…
You wonderful single ladies have probably gone through this when you signed up on your first dating website. You sat down at your computer, proud that you finally got the guts to select a username for your new found profile. Preparing yourself to spill out your heart in a small box with bullet points thinking “OK, how do I go about sounding fun, laid back, classy and intelligent without sounding like a complete bitch?”. THEN desperately scanning your brain thinking “I don’t have any hobbies! I like food? Oh I know, I love music! Yea that’s good!.” Finally, the most daunting task of selecting a picture. This is probably the most nerve wracking process…as you thumb through pictures from parties, dinners, vacations, etc., while simultaneously thinking which diet/exercise program to start (j/k), you finally pick one! You click save and think “OMG, I probably sound so lame!”. Well, OK maybe it didn’t go quite like that but you catch my drift.
From that click on, you’re now a part of online dating network, where I like to say that conventional rules of dating do not apply to the internet and where the single (and sometimes not so single) come to “hang out” on each other’s profile looking for that four letter word…l-o-v-e. 
This is where I close for the day. Stay tuned next time when I share my date from hell. Till then, HAPPY HUNTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment