Monday, April 30, 2012

Yuppie, who?

Well hello there internet world,

      I hope everyone is doing well on this lovely Monday, wherever you are reading this from. It's a nice mid 70's day in Southern California :)

      Anyways, I just wanted to throw a quick post at you. I'm working on a bigger "project" that will (hopefully) be posted by the end of the week.


      Today I open my mailbox to a message from someone who sent me a nice 2 word message...
I think he meant *sell

...Now I am assuming he is referring to my preference in white men. As I said before, I'm use to the insults, but come on now! At least when you're insulting me, use the correct form of the word! 


Typically when I receive messages like that I ignore them, but I felt an obligation to correct his word choice. He had this to say...



Source: UrbanDictionary
"Yuppie": An arrogant (usually white) well put together young urban professional. You will likely find them wearing Gucci and Prada and bragging about their large bank account.
      Let's just break this down a bit. The only thing Gucci or high priced items I own are 2 small bottles of perfume that I bought on SALE at Ross, my bank account has been in the negative for almost three weeks now and I am an after-school tutor. So points "DeNutt" for profiling me, when's the wedding!?!

     Is it sad that I actually get excited when I receive a message that has little to no grammatical or spelling mistakes, with correct puncuation and words that are above the remedial high school level? If that makes me a yuppie, then damn it, bring it on! 

Here's a toast to myself and all of my fellow educated women out there! 
Cheers!

Till next time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment